Monday, February 6, 2017

Home PT Week 24: Feb 6th - Feb 12th 2017

Home Physical Therapy Week of
Monday Feb 6th - Sunday February 12th 2017: 

I strained my neck and upper back somehow this past weekend.  This made my motivation near zero for today's workout.  However, I pushed thru but did not do much in terms of increases.  Hopefully Thursday will be better. 
====================================
Home Physical Therapy day 55 - Spondylolisthesis BJJ
Monday 2/06/17 

Hip ups:
3 set of 30 reps.  Pushing off the ground and raise my butt/hips off the ground like a reverse crunch.
Overall increase of 15 reps. 




Plank. 

3 sets for 70 seconds each.  


Deadbug abdominal exercise: 

3 sets 60 seconds each.  Similar to a modified bicycle crunch but instead of bring your elbow to your knee - you kept your arm straight and it went back behind your head as the knee came up and then switched for the other knee.  


Bridges with pelvic tilt hold.  3 sets of 35 reps where I press my low back into the table I hold the pelvic tilt and bridge lifting my hips off the table.  
I held this bridge in the air for a count of 1 and then back down and relax for 1. 



1 leg bridge with 1 leg raises. 

 

While holding the bridge with one leg, the other leg did 15 leg raises.  3 sets of 15 reps for each leg. 
Overall increase of 15 per leg. 

Pelvic tilts:  

 
While lying on the floor I did a 5 minute pelvic tilt hold. 

Today's workout took around 30 minutes.  I strained my neck and upper back somehow this past weekend.  This made my motivation near zero for today's workout.  However, I pushed thru but did not do much in terms of increases.  Hopefully Thursday will be better.


====================================
Home Physical Therapy day 56 - Spondylolisthesis BJJ
Thursday 2/09/17 

Lunch workout: Weight training legs. 
Leg press 3 sets of 10 at 450 lbs.  (Overall increase of 6 reps)
Calves - Seated Calf machine - soleus workout.  3 sets of 15. 
Thigh Adductor - 3 sets of 15 at 130 lbs. 
Thigh Abductor - 3 sets of 15 at 120 lbs. 


Evening: 
Side to side crunches: 


3 sets for 60 seconds.  Shoulders off the ground and move side to side reaching your hands forward. 


Side Planks:
3 sets on each side for a 45 seconds.  These are no fun.   


Side leg raises
2 sets each leg 30 repetitions. . 




Plank. 

3 sets for 70 seconds each.  


Deadbug abdominal exercise: 

3 sets 60 seconds each.  Similar to a modified bicycle crunch but instead of bring your elbow to your knee - you kept your arm straight and it went back behind your head as the knee came up and then switched for the other knee.  


Bridges with pelvic tilt hold.  3 sets of 35 reps where I press my low back into the table I hold the pelvic tilt and bridge lifting my hips off the table.  
I held this bridge in the air for a count of 1 and then back down and relax for 1. 



1 leg bridge with 1 leg raises. 

 

While holding the bridge with one leg, the other leg did 20 leg raises.  3 sets of 20 reps for each leg. 
Another overall increase of 15 per leg. 

Pelvic tilts:  

 
While lying on the floor I did a 5 minute pelvic tilt hold. 


Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment