Monday, February 13, 2017

Home PT Week 25: Feb 13th - Feb 19th 2017

Home Physical Therapy Week of
Monday Feb 13th - Sunday Feb 19th 2017:

====================================
Home Physical Therapy session 57 - Spondylolisthesis BJJ
Monday 2/13/17.  

Warmup - Flutter kicks:


3 sets of 35.  Lift my feet off the ground and kick them up and down. 



Mountain Climbers twist knee toward elbow:  


3 sets of 30 seconds each.  Hands on the ground - feet flat and pull my knees to chest repeatedly for 30 seconds bringing my knee to my outside elbow and bringing it across to my other side elbow. 



Plank with arm and leg raises: 

3 sets of 30 seconds each.



Plank. 

3 sets for 70 seconds each.  All 3 sets were from the elbows. 



1 leg bridge with 1 leg raises. 

 

While holding the bridge with one leg, the other leg did 15 leg raises.  3 sets of 15 reps for each leg. 



Bridges with pelvic tilt hold.  3 sets of 35 reps where I press my low back into the table I hold the pelvic tilt and bridge lifting my hips off the table.    
I held this bridge in the air for a count of 1 and then back down and relax for 1.



Figure Four Stretch: 
2 Sets each leg 60 second hold



Pelvic tilt hold:  
 
While lying on the floor I did a 5 minute pelvic tilt hold.  Occasionally I would relax back to normal for a seconds and then go back to the tilt hold.  This was for 5 minutes.   

Today's time - 35 minutes. 

====================================
Home Physical Therapy session 58 - Spondylolisthesis BJJ
Thursday 2/16/17.  

Morning - 30 minute walk. 
Weight training:
Legs -
3 sets of 12 reps hamstring curls and leg extensions. 
3 sets of 20 body weight deep squats. 
Calves -
Seated Calf machine - soleus workout.  3 sets of 15. 
Standing Calf raises - 3 sets of 20. 
Thigh Adductor - 3 sets of 15 at 130 lbs. 
Thigh Abductor - 3 sets of 15 at 130 lbs. 

A day of increases as compared to the Monday workout. 
Warmup - Flutter kicks:


3 sets of 35.  Lift my feet off the ground and kick them up and down. 



Mountain Climbers twist knee toward elbow:  


3 sets of 35 seconds each.  Increase of 5 seconds per set.  Hands on the ground - feet flat and pull my knees to across side elbow repeatedly for 35 seconds bringing my knee to my outside elbow and bringing it across to my other side elbow. 



Plank with arm and leg raises: 

3 sets of 35 seconds each.  Increase of 5 seconds per set. 



Plank. 

3 sets for 70 seconds each.  All 3 sets were from the elbows. 



1 leg bridge with 1 leg raises. 

 

While holding the bridge with one leg, the other leg did 20 leg raises.  Increase of 15 total reps per leg.  3 sets of 20 reps for each leg. 



Bridges with pelvic tilt hold.  3 sets of 40 reps.  Increase of 15 total reps per set.  I press my low back into the table I hold the pelvic tilt and bridge lifting my hips off the table.    
I held this bridge in the air for a count of 1 and then back down and relax for 1.



Figure Four Stretch: 
2 Sets each leg 60 second hold



Hamstring door stretch. 

2 sets of 1 minute stretch each leg.  Total of 2 minute stretch per leg. 




Pelvic tilt hold:  
 
While lying on the floor I did a 5 minute pelvic tilt hold.  Occasionally I would relax back to normal for a seconds and then go back to the tilt hold.  This was for 5 minutes.   

Today's time - 43 minutes. 
This week has been a good back week for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment