Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Airrosti Review - making an appointment

What is Airrosti and trying to make an appointment: 

The last few months I've been having some pain in my shoulders.  Both have pain but my left is having more.  Certain movements cause them pain and certain angles or stretches.  Facebook must have been reading my recent searches regarding shoulder pain because shortly after I started getting a prominent advertisement in my news feed for Airrosti - shoulder pain. 

I did some reading on it, saw that a few of my acquaintances had checked in there and I decided I'd give it a try.  Here's what I've learned so far without having actually been yet - I'll be seeing a Chiropractor who has taken some kind of Airrosti training which from what I've gathered is massage and stretching of the painful joint or area.  Along with specific stretching and strengthening exercises and sports taping. 

In my opinion, the website is vague on what they actually do for their special treatment techniques and there are two providers near me but neither had any direct ways of contacting them.  They all lead back to the main Airrosti website where you call a 1 800 number to book an appointment.  I decided to give it a try and do this review. 

Making the initial appointment - I called the 800 number which goes to a call center with menu options.  After about a 3 minute wait, I was connected with someone who asked what my reason for seeking treatment was and if I knew anything about Airrosti and their methods.  I replied shoulder pain and that I'd read a lot of their information on the website.  Even after telling them this - she proceeded to read me the script about how great they were and how usually it only takes 1-3 treatments to resolve or reduce your pain.  All of which is on their website and it had a very sales pitch type feel to it.  All she would tell me was that this was similar to seeing a physical therapist but with the therapy being administered by a Chiropractor. 

Previously, I saw a Dr. of Physical Therapy about 9 months ago for some different shoulder pain and they gave me specific exercises, stretches and some dry needling for a total of 8 visits (twice a week for 4 weeks) which did resolve my shoulder pain until recently I started having some different shoulder pain.  I figure, I'll try this new DC with Airrosti and if I get some good stretches, massage and exercises and they seem to help then great.  If not, I'll go back to my regular PT.  Either way, I'll be able to at least post a real review of what Airrosti was like as all the ones I've found online seem like paid or company sponsored reviews. 

First appointment is tomorrow at 7:30 am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment