Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Dr. Visit, MRI and anti-inflammatories for my leg pain.

Wednesday April 19th, 2017 Dr. Visit:
Today was my visit with my Dr. to talk about this new leg pain I've been having.  He asked me about what was going on leading up to the pain and I told him about the plane flights, sitting in classes etc. He had me do a few standing movements and then had me sit on the exam table.  He proceeded to test my quadriceps by pushing against my ankles while I extended my legs forward.  He then did the same in reverse to test my hamstrings and also my ankles by asking me to push down with my feet and pull up too.  He said they all feel satisfactory and he wants to do an MRI.   He also prescribed prednisone anti-inflammatory which I will begin the first dose today. 

Thursday April 20th, 2017 MRI: 
I arrived at 8:15 am for my MRI.  Got in the machine and they had me lay on my back and placed a large pillow under my knees.  This helped but my back still had some pain and discomfort from having to lay completely still for 30 minutes.  It was very loud and I'm thankful for the ear plugs they provided. 

Friday April 21st, 2017 - MRI Results: 
I was surprised to get my results the following day as they had told me it would probably be Monday.  Before the MRI all I knew I had was spondylolisthesis Grade 1 at L4/L5. 
After MRI I have been told that I have several more issues. 
1. L3/L4 - Small disc bulge with moderate bilateral facet arthritis. 
2. L4/L5 - Small disc osteophyte complex. 
3. L4/L5 - Moderate to severe facet arthritis. 
4.
L4/L5 - Moderate bilateral neural forminal stenosis. 

The Dr. is recommending we start with a bilateral facet injection.  I have a formal appointment with him on Tuesday to discuss further.  At this time I'm leaning towards no injections and asking about stretches and new rounds of Physical Therapy. 

For the past 3 days I've been using the prednisone and it feels like its helping.  My leg has not been hurting as much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment