Monday, September 11, 2017

Spondylolisthesis BJJ - Home PT week 51

Home Physical Therapy Week of
Monday Sept 11th - Sunday Sept 17th 2017:
====================================

About 2 months ago, my right shoulder starting having some pain and I felt like something wasn't right with it besides just a sore shoulder.  This was a different kind of pain.  I took 2 weeks of from lifting weights on my upper body and severely limited my BJJ sparing to give it a rest.  When I returned after those two weeks the pain was right back in the same spot.  I went to see my physician and the x-ray shows I have a small spur on my shoulder but he thought it was still a muscular issue and recommended PT.  I have been going to PT for my shoulder the past 4 weeks and I'm happy to say that my shoulder feels much better.  I haven't decided yet if I'm going to blog the shoulder PT exercises and details but it is a possibility.  I mention this partly because this is part of the reason why I didn't do any specific ab/spondy type PT at home this week. 

I did have my shoulder PT along with two 30 minute walks every day this week in addition to teaching 2 BJJ classes and weight training for my lower body.  However, I did not do any abdominal exercises or stretches this week :( 

Back at it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment