Sunday, June 11, 2017

1 year update

It has been 1 year since I first had the back pain that led me down the path of discovery to spondylolisthesis.  For the past 52 weeks I have had ups and downs but overall I'm happy with where I am at and that is back to teaching and training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.  I remember when I was first diagnosed I was thinking I'd never do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu again.  I'm so glad I found another doctor that was more conservative in treatment and sent me to a good physical therapist.  This past year has seen me strength my core and increase my flexibility and I'm so glad to be training again.

Something else that I feel has helped is massage therapy.  I've been getting several massages throughout the last year from and for whatever reason - I did not include that in this blog.  I've found a fantastic massage therapist named Patsy Johnson with Pure Wellness Massage Therapy.  Check her out if you are in Texas.

Here's to many more years!  I've you have any questions regarding Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and spondylolisthesis - leave me a commend and I'll get back to you.  I'm happy to share what I've learned with any other BJJ students and coaches.  

No comments:

Post a Comment