Monday, May 22, 2017

Home PT Week 37 May 22nd - May 28th 2017

Home Physical Therapy Week of
Monday May 22nd - Sunday May 28th 2017:
==================================== 

Home Physical Therapy session 76 - Spondylolisthesis BJJ
Monday 5/22/2017.   
Updates:  Feeling better after being sick last week.  Continuing with my 30 minute walks each day. 

Side Planks:
3 sets on each side for a 30 seconds.  These are no fun.   


Figure Four Stretch: 
3 sets each leg 60 second hold. 


1 leg bridge with 1 leg raises. 

 

While holding the bridge with one leg, the other leg did 25 leg raises.  3 sets of 25 reps for each leg. 



Mountain Climbers twist knee toward elbow:  


3 sets of 30 seconds each.  Hands on the ground - feet flat and pull my knees to chest repeatedly for 30 seconds bringing my knee to my outside elbow and bringing it across to my other side elbow. 





Plank. 

3 sets for 75 seconds each.  All 3 sets were from the elbows.




Hamstring door stretch 

3 sets of 1 minute stretch each leg.  Total of 3 minutes stretching per leg. 

Also while doing the hamstring door stretch I did a neck exercise. I lifted my head off the ground and turned my chin side to side shoulder to shoulder for 1 minute. 

3 sets of 1 minute each. 



Bridges with pelvic tilt hold.  3 sets of 35 reps where I press my low back into the table I hold the pelvic tilt and bridge lifting my hips off the table.    Overall increase of 15 reps. 



Hip ups:
3 set of 25 reps.  Pushing off the ground and raise my butt/hips off the ground like a reverse crunch.




Hamstring and groin stretch: 
3 sets for 1 minute each. 



Pelvic tilt crunches

1 set of 30. 
Lay flat with knees bent like the picture above.  Do a pelvic tilt and hold it continuously while you do 30 crunches slowly just to the point where your hands go over your knees.  This gave a good abdominal burn! 



Pelvic tilts:  

 
While lying on the floor I did a 5 minute pelvic tilt hold.  Occasionally I would relax back to normal for a seconds and then go back to the tilt hold.  This was for 5 minutes.   

Today's time - 43:37

Wednesday - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class. 


Home Physical Therapy session 77 - Spondylolisthesis BJJ
Thursday 5/25/2017.   
Updates:  I pulled a muscle in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class which made my core work painful today.  This led me to only do about 1/2 of it as I didn't want to make it worse. 

Side Planks:
2 sets on each side for a 30 seconds.  Started to hurt my rib after the 2nd set so I did not do the 3rd set.    


Figure Four Stretch: 
3 sets each leg 60 second hold. 


1 leg bridge with 1 leg raises. 

 

While holding the bridge with one leg, the other leg did 10 leg raises.  3 sets of 25 reps for each leg. 



Mountain Climbers twist knee toward elbow:  


3 sets of 30 seconds each.  Hands on the ground - feet flat and pull my knees to chest repeatedly for 30 seconds bringing my knee to my outside elbow and bringing it across to my other side elbow. 





Plank. 

1 set for 90 seconds each.  Rib started to hurt so I only did 1 set. 




Hamstring door stretch 

3 sets of 1 minute stretch each leg.  Total of 3 minutes stretching per leg. 

Also while doing the hamstring door stretch I did a neck exercise. I lifted my head off the ground and turned my chin side to side shoulder to shoulder for 1 minute. 

2 sets of 1 minute each. 

  

Today's time - 21:15 - Short session today due to my rib pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment